Doing chores are never fun and laundry tops the list of things we all hate to do; it’s a never-ending cycle. Although you can go months without washing your jeans, everyone around you appreciates at least weekly laundry upkeep. Even when your clothes are nice and clean, you still have to sort and fold them. But, rest assured. With the advances in technology, you can now get a robot to finish the task for you.
Laundroid has a set-it-and-forget-it system. It’s perfect for anyone, even those who like to do laundry. All you do is load your clothes into the drawer. Then it takes just the touch of a button to get freshly primed and folded clothes. That said, there’s quite a bit of state-of-the-art technology inside:
- 3D Camera: It works to help identify and map the clothes and their orientation. With this, the device knows exactly where to pick up each piece of clothing.
- AI Neural Networks: The intelligent network and deep learning are able to recognize and precisely process each article of clothing for total efficiency.
- Robotic Arms: They accurately handle all of your clothes with care and precision.
- Companion App: The app uses the images you take at the start and catalogues all of your clothes.
With all of this technology, the Laundroid can actually sort through the clothing based on family member. When complete, your clothing comes out neatly folded into individual piles for each user.
Laundroid does all this for less than you’d pay someone full-time at the national minimum wage. It seems like a no-brainer for those that have a chunk of change lying around. For those that don’t, well, you need Laundroid like you need a hole in the head. Plus, it doesn’t even fold your socks. The Laundroid takes care of the final step of your laundry for you. And, it’s not foolproof.
Of course, there are plenty other solutions to help you through the chore from hell that won’t cost you an arm and a leg:
- FoldiMate: For 7% of the price, it seems like a happy medium. But, this one makes you clip the clothes in manually.
- effie: If you also hate ironing, effie has you covered. Just hang your clothes and it gets all the wrinkles out.
- Drumi: For an eco-friendly option, Drumi washes your clothes using your movement.
- Tersa Steam: Using just 3 ounces of water for each cycle, this eco-friendly system smooths out wrinkles in your clothes in just ten minutes.
- Sonic Soak: This is the one electronic you can put in water. It uses ultrasonic technology to clean everything from your clothes to your razor.
- Scrubba Stealth Pack: For the adventurous, this backpack transforms into a clothes washing system when you need it.
If you’re looking for a way to ease the heavy burden of laundry at home, there are other highly practical solutions that still offer that intelligent design:
– Electrolux’s EFLS627U is the first washing machine with a dispenser for liquid detergent pods.
– The GE Water Station has an integrated faucet so you can tackle stains head-on.
– Whirlpool is the third brand to design an all-in-one washer dryer combo to save space.
So if you are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for Laundroid, then, by all means, go for it. Just know that the rest of us are judging you. Had to put in a cheeky punt.