I am going to get in touch with my feminine side by touching on a topic of yoga tights! Tights seemed to have come a long way. Initially, most viewed it as a dressed down attire, a little bit unglam at times for women over the weekends. How things have changed as designs for it become better and fittings have improved. But before I began on the journey to analyse, first I had to undergo an education on the difference between the different garments for women. There are several difference between tights, leggings, and yoga pants:
- Leggings covers the legs but tights covers the body from the waist to the toe & shorts covers just from waist to thigh.
- Leggings are skin-fit but tights are so much tights & women shorts fit to skin like a second skin. But men’s shorts or pants are not skin-fit, its like half pant.
- The fabric of leggings & shorts are thicker, patterned, solid types then tights(sheer and net styled).
- Leggings & Shorts can be worn as outfits but tights are used to wear under skirts, dresses.
I was subsequently informed that one must have the perfect yoga clothes which are comfortable, breathable & sweat free that only can keep maintain blood circulation well while doing yoga. So first know what types of clothes are perfect as yoga clothes – Sport bras or tank tops with leggings & yoga shorts.
Whether you call them leggings or yoga pants, one thing remains constant: They are the go-to pants choice for women everywhere. Don’t even try to argue, as this is an indisputable fact. It seemed only yesterday that tights were deemed as unfashionable as women typically wore them over weekends to the markets in Singapore.
It’s like a push-up bra for our butts. Some people may claim that leggings don’t qualify as pants, but I am here to tell you they most certainly do! The brand Lululemon comes to mind and in my opinion really revolutionized the yoga apparel industry. They caught on the surging wave of interest in wellness and the sport. Initially starting as cult brand, it has grown more to the masses. Don’t believe me then pop by any yoga studio and behold. I was obviously there on the purpose of market research!
There are also various reasons of why women wear yoga clothes.
1. They make you feel skinny or comfortable when you feel fat
What other clothing item can make you feel skinny and better about yourself when you’re having a fat day? Yoga pants are a damn miracle and should be embraced at each and every opportunity.
2. You can wear them out on the town
Any outfit paired with heels is sufficient for a night out right? Why not be as comfortable as you possibly can while partying with your friends? Leggings > Jeans, always.
3. Even people with the flattest of asses can look like they have some junk in the trunk
It doesn’t matter if this is real or an illusion! If it looks like she got a butt, well then, today my friend, she has got a butt! *White girls everywhere, rejoice.*
4. They are the perfect travel outfit
Leggings are great and especially efficient for the female traveler. Pair them with sneakers and you’ve got the perfect, most comfortable travel outfit. You can bend your legs any which way you please, unlike when wearing jeans or a skirt.
5. You can wear them to the gym and then straight out to happy hour
All you have to do is change your footwear, put on a sweater and you are good to go!
6. They were made to wear to brunch
Bring on the bloody marys, mimosas and french toast! You can eat and drink as much as you please! What better outfit is there to wear to a boozy brunch?
7. They don’t take up space in your closet
Which just makes room for more sh*t you don’t need, like another pair of over-the-knee black leather boots. I mean, what else are you going to pair with your leggings and sweater dress?
8. Generally, they’re inexpensive
You can find leggings for cheap, unless you prefer the more expensive brands. Don’t worry; you can also rationalize spending a fortune on one pair because you can wear them every day if you want to! See 11. Unless you grab one from Lululemon of course.
9. You can eat as much as you want and not have to worry about buttoning your pants
…or a muffin top! Wooo! No elastic = no problem.
10. They make you look athletic, even when you haven’t stepped inside a gym in months
Everyone assumes you’re in shape because you’re wearing athletic gear. No one knows you just had two breakfast sandwiches and are thinking about your next meal. Whatever, sounds like a problem…
11. You can wear the same pair multiple times in one week and no one will notice
12. They fit perfectly under your boots
Ain’t nobody got time to wrestle with a pair of jeans fitting into your leather boots. Leggings ease the process and prevent wrinkling or bulkiness.
13. You can comfortably drunk sleep in them
14. They’re multifunctional
You can wear them in any weather! They also serve as the go-to sorority outfit!
15. They are a practical substitute for sweatpants
Leggings are socially acceptable and are basically considered the Juicy pants of Gen-Y.
16. It’s fun to debate whether they are pants or not
As if there were any debate? Obviously they are just as suitable as pants.
17. When you can’t decide if your top is a shirt or a dress, just throw on a pair of leggings
Don’t waste too much time trying to figure out if the outfit you’re aiming for may be too short. Leggings eliminate that problem completely.
18. So you really want to lose three pounds? Throw on some high-waisted leggings
They may look like maternity pants, but the only thing high-waisted leggings are holding in is your food baby. Thank you, American Apparel, for giving women everywhere an excuse to eat that second slice of pizza.
19. You can actually work out in them
There’s no chafing or pulling when working out in yoga pants. I mean, that’s what they were made for, right? You instantaneously feel more flexible even if you’ve never done a toe-touch in your life.
There you go. A fashion statement, comfortable and multipurpose. What else would you want in a clothing? Now, time to find a comparable one for men…